Old 08-11-2019, 12:40 PM
carriem

Pretty quilt blocks coming together QNS, and flowers too!!!

OK--busy as usual!!

I got the baby quilts done (3 of them) and then decided I was going to go through my tubs of scraps (sorted by color) and getting rid of stuff I will never use. My intentions when sorting into the little tubs was to press and cut each color into small squares so they would be easy to grab for making scrap quilts someday. I only ever got the green box done...

When I cleaned cupboards out last time, I ended up having more little scraps than would fit in some boxes so decided I just needed to let go! I have a kitchen garbage bag full...ready to donate to the local humane society for pet beds. I still have Lots of small scraps left plus the bigger pieces (1/2 yard and up) so no chance of running out anytime soon. Just getting tired of the piles in my craft room and this is one thing I could do to empty 3 bigger tubs of scraps that didn't fit in the cupboard!!

Next craft room "pile" is a big box of brand new Pampered Chef products I earned when selling that I will never use, going to take pictures and post on craigslist/FB marketplace in hopes of getting rid of those things. I'll also be sewing binding on 3 quilts that I was hired to do. I have also been hired to make a t-shirt quilt for a graduation present (not needed until next year, but I have the t-shirts so won't wait until spring). A friend of my husband's wants me to make his granddaughter a quilt and I will be talking with someone this week at a tournament about making a queen or king sized quilt for her...I am not sure if she has any idea what it might cost so we'll see once I start giving her numbers. I took some pictures of patterns I have that I would be willing to make. Not sure if she has something in mind already or not...

For those who make queen/king size quilts would you say approx. $250-300 would cover materials minus batting? I don't make many quilts this size, but found some patterns that have fabric allowances listed and I figured around 15-20yds of fabric @~$13/yd. Then I will probably take the quilt to my friend who does long arm quilting and expect it to be $150-200 (which includes batting). Plus my time...

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-11-2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps