View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 03:50 AM
Iceblossom

Comfort quilt was received with delight by my friend yesterday

Today is my Tuesday group and I will be pinning blocks together on the Postcard quilt.

Also in my work bag is a Baby Blocks top I picked up at a thrift store, top is pieced with cottons but there is an almost-but-not-quite-right color thin poly border around the outer edge that will be coming off. I'm estimating quilt as early 80s maroon and pink solids. I'll be putting on a cotton print border of the right colors. There is also a narrow white border. I have to decide on how many borders I'm taking off and whether I am going to unstitch them or cut them off...

I found another project to distract myself from the paper piecing I should be doing. Am trying hard not to give in and starting that instead of working on what I feel I should be working on. But that's the nice thing about quilting for myself is I'm in charge of the deadlines and what I feel like doing.

I checked on that auction today, all of the current bids (while still reasonable) are way over what I was willing to pay. Good for me that I am cheap!