View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 01:48 PM
miniquilts

Bahahaha -- bkay, that's a lovely idea except that if there's anything scary(aka if anything's different) then she's hiding behind me or trying to jump in my arms! She's the biggest most gentle lovable lout of a pup ever, and I wouldn't change her for the world! She's actually saved my life several times, and alerts me automatically by her self if my blood sugar drops suddenly. I'm a type I diabetic. She's never been trained for that, and knowing her genetic history I still find it beyond miraculous this girl has chosen to help me in life as she has... I will never be a doubter of nurture over nature!

So, the 348 got delivered today with a few surprises to me... with her I got a box of 15 various cams, several presser feet, and an extra throat plate. She didn't come with the feed dog cover -- but am looking for one of those as needed. The face plate on her is broken, but I ordered one of those off eBay when I won her. That's showing like it should be here in the next few days. She is the prettiest aqua color! Other news in regards to vintage machines... I will be picking up not one but two 201's next week. Both are missing some pieces, though one does come in a lovely light/blonde colored wood cabinet. Woman stated she was just trying to clean out her basement and wanted them gone. I already dated the one in the cabinet to 1950, and the other one to 1948. Hoping I can get one workable machine out of the two of them, and possibly find the missing parts for the remaining one to get it functional/pretty again.

*Added goofy dog note -- my pup watched over the unboxing of the 348 today and wagged the entire time as I was oohing and ahhhing over it. lol