View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 06:52 AM
Iceblossom

Yesterday I picked up the fabric I was getting from the lady on Craig's List. Perfect fabric to add into the borders of the Postcard quilt, plus some awesome stuff for the Alphabet donation quilts I make.

And then since I was only a few blocks away from the Goodwill in that area (one I never ever go to) I went there too. Could have done a lot more damage than I did but I picked up another $20 in yardage. Put back more pieces than I took.

Today instead of doing what I should (starting on my paper piecing) I'm going to do a quick fun donation top, one of the "5 Yard Quilts" (you can do a google on Free 5 Yard Quilt Patterns). I'll be doing the sort of checkerboard/framed large square design. I bought a bag of coordinated fabrics at the Goodwill for $2.99 (not a bad price for an entire top!), each piece about 1.5-2 yards, a sort of a Jelly Bean print and then 4 coordinated spongey/reads-as-solids. Last piece of that is still in the wash.

I'll also sew the first set of blocks together on the postcard quilt. Pinning the next set of those blocks will give me something to do at my Tuesday group next week, but I'll need something ready for the week after that. I did take off the poly border from the baby blocks quilt.