View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 09:30 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Smglover207 View Post

All of the blocks are beautiful! I am still waiting for my package. My tracking number had it delivered on the 10th, but I had a forwarding order. The sorting in Mass. missed it, Maine missed it, then my carrier. Called the post office, he said he would have the carrier retrieve it. She did not get that memo either. She sent it to be forwarded, so it went back to Mass. They said 5 more days! In the meantime I have been searching for blocks to make.
So sorry you are having to wait longer for your package, Smglover. At least you still have plenty of time, once it comes.

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Here are my two tonight.

SBG-Hope this is the kind of contrast you desired.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616084[/ATTACH]
Yes, thank you! That's a great contrast to the white. I hope your husband is not too miserable after his oral surgery. My hubby had some done recently, and he was a bear for about a week!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I made my uncle a quilt sent it from OK to RI, the tracking number said it was delivered but my uncle never got it, he lives in a multi home house and asked others if they had got it by mistake or took it in if he wasn't home when it was delivered, no one had (most of them are related to him and he has a good relationship w/ them all) So he went to the post office a few times inquiring they were suppose to be trying to find it. A week or so after his last visit to the post office w/o any success there was a knock at his door, it was the post office lady w/ a box. It seems she was the official "box crusher" and she had gone on vacation, well after the box had been scanned by the mail person it had fallen into the empty boxes to be crushed, and while this lady was on vacation no one stepped up to do her job so she had this mountain of boxes to crush when she got back, when she got to the bottom and was about to throw my quilt box into the crusher she thought it felt too heavy, so checked it out and saw how late the box was (by this time like 2 months past when the PO said it had been delivered) so on her lunch break she brought it to my uncle who was thrilled beyond belief. It had been a surprise but since he was trying to track it down I had told him what was in the box and he opened it while the lady was there so she could see what she had saved.
Oh no, that beautiful quilt you made for your uncle got lost? That must have been so nerve wracking for you. Glad it was found and specially delivered!

QueenBarbieJ, beautiful, colorful block for Suzisews...

I get to work on blocks today, so should have something to show later today....

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 08-15-2019 at 09:34 AM.