View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Koda1021

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Many shops will offer service contracts on used machines they sale. Some will have offers for other machines too, but a lot of that depends on if they do the work themselves or not.

I'd be looking a bit more local than ebay, I'd try Craig's List if you have an active one near you (I know Grand Rapids has one).

From my friends with embroidery machines, I'd say get the largest hoop you can afford. Talk to the people on why they are changing machines/getting rid of what they have. Not all used machines are equal!

Edit: I brought up the Grand Rapids Craigs List and while not much right in town, there is what I think a pretty good deal on a Brother in Kalamazoo!
That's good to know about the service contracts! Thanks!

I've been perusing Craig's List, and I think I know the one you are talking about (Brother) but for that listing, you have to buy everything (the table/desk, machine, thread, laptop) the person won't separate out. It's still a good price, but I don't need all that stuff hehe I did see a Dream Machine for a good price. I sent an email but haven't heard back.