View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 11:25 AM
Koda1021

Originally Posted by Quilter 53 View Post
Just a thought....Don't the new models come out in Oct? Maybe by waiting, you could get a floor model at a reduced price. Then you could have more for less and still get a warranty and have a better relationship with the dealer.
With places like Joann's, they have already reduced the prices to move them before the new machines come out. I don't know if they will lower them anymore. The few local dealers I've dealt with (that aren't through Joann's) are sticking firm to most of their discounted prices. One told me specifically that he has no reason to sell at too low a cost. He's better off taking a loss for the full value then sell for pennies. I understand their logic. I guess I'm the issue since I want a lot of features for less money hehe I suppose that's why I go back to thinking that maybe getting a new Topaz 40 or 50 might be the smart thing. Then at least I will have a brand new/under warranty machine and can trade up when finances are better.

For me, the frustrating thing is that there are limited financing options. Most stores that carry the better brands (including Joann's) have financing through Synchrony and that's it (credit card). Unfortunately, Synchrony is one of those retail cards that if they don't like you, it's hard to get a generous credit line. My husband was approved but for a low amount. It's funny because if you want to buy a big screen television or home theater system or even furniture, there are dozens of finance options. With brands like Brother, Viking and Pfaff you pretty much have one choice