View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 06:22 AM
klswift

If you have made it with fabric, you are fine. The licensing is paid with the manufacturer and store. But, stick with fabric. There is a 'permanent' flea market/swap meet in Orange County California and every year few months the disney reps wander through. Years ago my friend and I sold there and had denim jackets (for kids) that had big little mermaid appliques on the them. She would purchase sheets and cut the designs from them and then applique (also small bits on hats). I bought fabrics and would make sundresses and small gathered skirts to sell. Disney came by and told her the jackets were illegal because of where she got the designs, but the dresses and skirts were ok. Never figured it out, but we kept a bag with the cut selvages so we could always show that we had purchased the fabrics. We also switched the jackets to a generic mermaid fabric and they stopped bothering us. (We had a regular spot at this event for 8 years.) They used this same rule for all our other designs. I always figure that if a company as big as Disney used this standard for their rules, it would be a good one to follow with the other companies (marvel, bbc, etc).