View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 07:51 AM
Iceblossom

Been having a talk with myself as I've been working on this quickie project. Sometimes I see a collection of fabric and it just speaks to me. Those Wonky Brights were one, this one too (coincidentally? also rather bright). I think what I need to do is go through my stash and kit out a few projects, or at least put them into quick potential project piles

But then I feel the pressure of the UFO. I don't count them as UFOs until something has been cut, heck I don't really have any UFOs right now -- but I do have a couple of WiPs. And we aren't counting the unquilted tops just yet...

Anyway, started this yesterday. Taking a pause to evaluate whether to add another row or not, I prefer it when rows start/stop on the same block. I have a yellow from the same collection that will currently be a narrow inner border (same size as the pink). I have to measure out what I have left, but I think I can do a green/blue 4" border all around the outside. Binding will be the yellow again.

I don't know the name of it, a few years back there were a bunch of "5 yard quilts". You can still do a google on free 5 yard quilts and get tons of results. When I drew it up in Electric Quilt I called it "My Favorite 5 Yard Quilt". For this project, I'm calling it Seahawk Pink!
Attached Thumbnails seahawk-pink.jpg