View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 02:46 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
Great blocks Sewbiz! I'll cross the Anvil block off my list for Jaba as it was one of several I was considering.

The nice thing about being a little further behind is getting so many great ideas and avoid potential duplication's
Thanks, Suzi! Sometimes we do get duplicates made in the Boom, but it's nice to avoid them if we can. That's why the gallery is so invaluable.

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Hello all, I haven't started on my blocks yet, but before I got my package, I did sew two for myself. Also, I started a medallion quilt with a stamp panel.

My tan did not work on this block. It is too busy and just blends into the block:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616142[/ATTACH]

This one with cream fabric came out better:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616143[/ATTACH]
These are pretty blocks, b'stone. Today I bought some nice teal to use with this fabric. It's the perfect accent for it.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I finished the last little bit of Julia's "Florida beachy" block today, let's see if it is obvious what I was attempting (hopefully it is)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616148[/ATTACH]
Hope you like it Julia.
Love your sand dollar, Kass! I've never been able to find one on the beach either, just in gift shops!

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
Busy this morning and into the afternoon sewing and making the first of my BOOM 23 blocks.
Great start on your boom blocks, Julia. Nice fabric pairings.

I'm planning to sew blocks this evening... been out all day!