View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 04:33 AM
Lstew2212

Originally Posted by bibliostone
Hello all, I haven't started on my blocks yet, but before I got my package, I did sew two for myself. Also, I started a medallion quilt with a stamp panel.

My tan did not work on this block. It is too busy and just blends into the block:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616142[/ATTACH]

This one with cream fabric came out better:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616143[/ATTACH]

Finally, here is the start of the medallion quilt that is now on hold until I get my boom blocks done:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616144[/ATTACH]
Great blocks and I love the medallion quilt.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Great blocks everyone.

I finished the last little bit of Julia's "Florida beachy" block today, let's see if it is obvious what I was attempting (hopefully it is)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616148[/ATTACH]
Hope you like it Julia.
Great block, perfect looking sand dollar.

Originally Posted by juliasb
Busy this morning and into the afternoon sewing and making the first of my BOOM 23 blocks. My first block went pretty well until I stitch part of it front to front. That of course required a bit of frog stitching before I could finish the block I was making. My second block went well until the end when I looked at colors that should have match and it looked so not right that I was grateful to have enough fabric to make an entirely new block that came out just right. So I decided right then and there is this happens again who ever's block I am making will get both blocks!
Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej
I made a few more blocks tonight. This one is for Isrishmom[ATTACH=CONFIG]616205[/ATTACH]
Bibliostone[ATTACH=CONFIG]616206[/ATTACH]
PamelaOry[ATTACH=CONFIG]616207[/ATTACH]
I am loving everyone's blocks, simply beautiful.

Originally Posted by juliasb
I got up early this morning and was able to make a single block before I get dressed and off to the farmer's market. I MUST get some tomatoes and cucumbers to get them canned up for this winter. Right now I am thinking how blessed I am to have a couple months to get these blocks done. I was able to get another block done this morning and maybe later in the day (depending on how much cooking I get done). Here is what I finished before 8:30 am this Saturday. Sorry about the shadow on the picture. It really is much brighter and the cream is very light.
My block is beautiful, I love it. Thank you.