View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 11:27 AM
Libster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Here is what I made yesterday - and finished up this morning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616247[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616248[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616249[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616250[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616251[/ATTACH]

And this one is a "fix" I forgot that white was wanted and not optional, so I added some white. So this replaces the picture I posted earlier.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616252[/ATTACH]

I'll be spending the rest of today baking

Carrot Cake (with home grown carrots)
Italian Cream Cake
Dark Chocolate Cake with Holland Creme (think SuzieQ)
Pumpkin Gooey bars (with home grown squash)

Chocolate Peanut Butter bars (no bake)
White Chocolate Fudge with Carmel (no bake)

Peanut Brittle - (with raw peanuts bought off the farm in GA)

The Open House is an internal event. Last winter my employer remodeled the old Health Center (which originally was the Convent for the Nuns that lived on campus years ago). It is now Corporate Services and relocated HR from the basement area of one of the student residential buildings, and Accounting out of the middle of the Development building, along with new offices for the President, Communications and Security (the last two are new departments). Might sound like a lot, but it's only 17 people. We have about 250 people on Campus.

Now that school has started up and everyone is back on Campus, we are celebrating our new home and inviting all Staff to come visit, learn where HR and Accounting are, have treats and enter drawings for prizes including a quilt.

For the last 15 years, I've been baking treats for Development and I'm known as a very good baker. Development has about 50 people, so I have several 1/4 sheet cake pans as a regular size cake pan was never enough!

Macybaby- Wow, I love my blocks!! Thank you so much for making them for me. This quilt is going to be gorgeous. I loved Hav4's block before but you just made it even better. Hummmmm......now what time did you say we should drop by for refreshments???? LOL Everything you're making sounds yummy. I'm with Zozee, I'd like a sampler too.