View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 02:52 AM
Lstew2212

Macybaby, your making my mouth water. I absolutely love Peanut Brittle.

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Lucky me!! I was scrolling up and saw the block by Janice and though - wow!!! and then I see it's for me !!!

I love all the others too - it's so fun to see what everyone comes up with.

I've already picked out fabric for the next swap - while I was looking for grey, I opened up my tub of small prints I've been collecting for a log cabin quilt. I know I've got enough for several quilts, so it will be fun to use them for the swap. I've got over 30 different fabrics so it will be another that everyone gets something different.

I'm really bad when I get an idea and start collecting fabric - I always collect way more than I need.

Baking is going well, DH made a big batch of his great chocolate chip cookies, and I've got the carrot cake and the pumking bars done and the chocolate cake ready for the filling. The fudge is in the fridge cooling, and the Italian cream cake is in the oven.

I'm going to make the cream next, and then when Pumpkin bars are cool, I'll take them out of the pan so I can use it to make the chocolate pbutter bars. I only have one high side pan and I need it for them. I'm using parchment paper on everything so removing the cakes from the pans is easy.

the Peanut Brittle is last on the list. I like to watch music videos on my tablet while I'm stirring - takes 30-45 minutes to reach hard crack. I've found if I get the heat up and take less than 30 mn, the peanuts don't have near the crunch that I prefer.