View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 04:08 PM
peaceandjoy

At those prices, Joanns is charging more that quilt shops. then they give you coupons, hoping to make is seem like you are getting a good deal.

My stash is fairly large, I think - the better part of closet with bifold doors. Actually, if I also moved project boxes and fq's in, it would fill that closet. So bigger than some, but smaller than some, as well.

I've recently become interested in sewing clothing as I don't seem to find what I like for my size and age. Not quite 60, but I don't want to look like I'm 20, but also don't want to wear styles that my grandmother wore years ago!

Apparel fabrics cost even more than quilting cottons. I got sticker shock for sure. $20/yd is pretty standard, but it is often 50".

Estate sales, thrift shops, trade with friends... Where there is a will, there is a way. Check Quilted Twins (https://www.quiltedtwins.com/new-blog); Becky is a pastor's wife living in Poland and quilting using almost entirely thrifted fabrics. Scads of fascinating information and free patterns. Her twin lives in FL and has an online shop.