View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 04:12 PM
mtkoldra

I grow aronia! I have two bushes and more aronia that I have time to process. I harvest them a batch at the time and freeze in one galon plastic bags. Last year I made a lot of jam, adding apples and pears. The freezing helps to make them less tart (although it does not bother me, I can eat them right from the bush, but then, I grew up on the farm in central Europe, we had every fruit that would grow in that climate, I remember eating gooseberries when still green). I also use frozen aronia for making smoothies by adding just a handful to whatever else I am using. My neighbor is making rhubarb simple syrop for making a drink and I think that I will try to do that with aronia or just make aronia juice and use it for making a drink (gin, lime and ice).
All summer long I am cooking what we call 'a compote', handful of any fruit, some aronia, water and sugar to taste, some lemon peel or cinnamon stick. Sometimes I add to that some tonic, lime and ice, makes very refreshing drink. That is my drink at any time, instead of soda or even water. Hope that you will fine other ways for using this so healthy fruit. good luck!

Last edited by mtkoldra; 08-21-2019 at 04:15 PM.