View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 06:42 PM
Calif_Sue

Great tips, loved the corner tip in the video! Always so much to learn online!

I've only been quilting since Aug. 2016 and am up to my 40th quilt. I have 7 tops I still have to quilt. All of the completed ones were done with the bindings by machine and I have gotten pretty good at them after all that practice!
Like shown here, I sew the binding on the front of the quilt, press away then fold over and press to the back, making sure it gets placed at least 1/8" or slightly more over the stitch line. What I do differently that posted here is I glue baste the binding down, using a fine line of quilt basting glue like Roxanne's, or one of several brands available. I use the ones that come out with washing. The glue really holds everything in place, no shifting, puckering and the corners are all set.
Once glued, I give it one more press. I then stitch 'in the ditch' on the front along the edge of the binding and because I have the fold just over the stitch line on back, it catches it perfectly, right along the edge.

From the time I start making the binding to having it completly stitched to the quilt takes me approx. 30-45 min. depending on quilt size. I like fast finishes, so I can go on to the next one!