View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 11:01 AM
mosquitosewgirl

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
There's no doubt that obesity is one of the causes....however, there is some question as to the high blood pressure. My husband's doctor feels that the high blood pressure was caused by the sleep apnea. And, in fact, when he got his CPAP machine his blood pressure dropped right away.
Oh, good point! How nice that treating the apnea has resolved his blood pressure problem. No more pills, though I imagine a CPAP machine is more expensive and cumbersome.

But if someone does snore and have high blood pressure, that would be a reason to get checked for sleep apnea. Whichever one causes the other, you'd want to fix the condition.
Absolutely. The CPAP is covered by almost all insurances and overtime it pays for itself by helping decrease or eliminate the cost for the meds. I have a love-hate relationship with the machine. It is cumbersome, and while I am grateful that personality-wise, mentally and physically I have my husband back, I sometimes I hate that it makes snuggling up all night difficult, at best. And, then I feel guilty for being so petty. What's a girl to do?