View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 02:59 AM
Lstew2212

Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post
Janice - thanks again for updating the gallery so quickly. It's amazing to see how the blocks start to fit together!

And so many pretty blocks in the past few days. I love them all, but I have to say the jukebox (hav4boys) is inspired!

So, I am tired and worn out today! Moved my daughter back into her dorm on a warm and muggy day. I finished her 3 foot by 3 foot wall hanging in time! Her room has a bowed out set of windows on one side (called a princess room). She has always wanted a window seat, so when she got this room she asked my husband to make one for her. Now, the windows are about 10 feet long, so they compromised. Her 6 foot futon will fit 2/3 of it and he built a window seat for the remaining space! He built shelves inside it for which I made the quilt hanging. She wanted it to be her dorms logo - they are the wildcats. The futon isn't out of storage yet, but the window seat fits perfectly and I am happy with my quilt! I had some fun with my new rulers, I liked how it came out even though I wasn't hitting my points at all! The picture shows the back of her tee shirt with the logo I had to recreate....applique is another technique I've only done two times before so I was very happy with how it came out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616478[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616477[/ATTACH]
Great quilt for your daughter, It perfect. Your applique is stunning. My daughter is in her last year of college. She is so ready to be done. I just chuckle because she will se what it is like to be an adult with a real job.