Old 08-26-2019, 12:56 PM
TurquoiseDusk

Default Vintage Belair goes too fast - foot pedal adjusted.. now what??

Thanks for any help!
I've been trying to sort out how to fix my too-fast machine.

I opened up the foot pedal and fixed the springs that had come detached. There is significant wear to the brass button/rivets inside, but they're still adjusting the speed of the machine. The problem is the lowest setting is as fast as the fastest setting should be, and by the time the lever inside the foot pedal touches the second or third button/rivet the machine is shaking from going so fast (which is a lot considering this machine is as heavy as a car!)

I can't find any speed adjustment on either the pedal or the machine.
I'm thinking I probably have to try swapping out the foot pedal next but that might not even solve the problem so I'm hoping someone here has more info for me!

Also, I've never seen this weird side bit (the last pic above) (to the right of the machine in a separate slot in the base box) - two black domes that look like they are splitting the current... One goes to the light and one to the motor... Has anyone ever seen this kind of weirdness?? I can't get them open, and if I do get a new pedal I'm not sure if I can cut them out of the picture or not...

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-26-2019 at 02:49 PM. Reason: remove link to affiliated site