View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 05:56 AM
Iceblossom

No, it's not a UFO until it's started which for me means cut. I just don't want to think of them as UFOs but rather as "potential projects" in one place so I don't have to dig and search for inspiration. Sometimes I have to play mind games with myself to take the pressure off!

And go go Kalama, and let me know if you need a batch of colors or themes. I still have the desire for fabric, but I also have desire for more space in my life. In the last year my boxes have become much more organized on the inside but the outside still leaves a lot to be desired!

I played for awhile last night with the precut squares, they are different sizes from 4-6". I see a lot of my stash in there and wonder if the original person was someone I traded fabric with back around Y2K. See a lot of fabric I got as swaps anyway.

I feel good having the Here Kitty Kitty top to work on the binding at my group. The flannel back for that also came from the same lady who had the box of small pieces yesterday. Although I thought I checked for it, as I was doing the hand stitching I found about 2" where the bottom of the binding wasn't caught in the seam allowance. Will fix that and then put the top away to have for group. Have a couple small areas of quilting that just isn't suitable and will have to be taken out. One of my bobbins was giving me troubles and I should have switched earlier than I did but I was trying to make the thread last.

I plan on working on the Postcard quilt today. I have blocks pinned into columns, think I have just two sets of sewing those together before sewing the columns together so getting done. Yesterday I made sure I had all the fabrics I'm using for the border and back together in the box instead of scattered about.

I'm feeling some sort of internal pressure to quilt down the Seahawk Pink quilt while I'm quilting but I'm going to wait a week or two to get the Postcard top together and finish the hand binding at small group on Here Kitty Kitty.

Now that I know what to do I've spent some more time playing with the fancy stitches and such on the "sewing computer". I'm easily pulled into the bright and shiny!