View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 05:12 AM
EmiliasNana

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I hang my quilts similar to Still Sew N. I put two sleeves on the top and bottom of the quilt. I then use cafe curtain rods. Cafe curtain rods only stick out about an inch and a half from the wall and are small, about 1/2 an inch around. I attach the rods to the top, then thread the bottom rod thru the bottom sleeve. It is not attached to the wall. I find that the weight of the rod helps the quilt to hang straight. The finials on the rods stick out on either side of the quilt. Easy to change out and the brackets can be mounted into the studs permanently.
I did similar on the quilt posted today called: After 4 years of sitting idle on a hanger . It is about 72" x 76" and I used two sleeves in the top to accommodate a third wall bracket for the rod, and a pocket in the bottom to accommodate the second rod. My DH is a wood worker and he said wall anchors was sufficient to use to hang the quilt on the rod I chose. I want to be able to take it down and exchange it once in awhile so the rod works for me. It does stick out about 1 1/2" from the wall. By the way the wall anchors usually come with the rod but my DH used stronger ones.