Old 08-29-2019, 02:48 PM
klarina

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
I finally finished The Great Pumpkin Quilt. I made it a priority in 2015 to finish the blocks and quilt it. I worked like crazy doing the blanket stitched applique, the hand embroidery, the piecing and started to quilt it. I had just gotten my Tiara II and was nervous but excited to begin. I used a cream Bottom Line for the top thread and a gold for the bobbin. My tension was perfect and I began. I stitched all around the featured pumpkins and leaves, changed thread and did details in the leaves etc. I started doing a small paisley in the background to make it recede and the color matched so well I couldn't see where the heck I was going or where I had been. After doing a bit of research I side lit the area and turned out all the lights in the room and on the machine. It worked okay, but only at night when I was totally in the dark. I got the quilt half done in 2015 and was pleased with my work, but couldn't look at it anymore! Anyone else have this problem? I still loved it, but I was done!!! It languished for four years while other quilts were completed and out the door. Finally, I was scheduled for knee replacement and I decided my goal was to finish it prior to that and the arrival of the kids and grands this summer. I accomplished my goal and it feels good to finally having it grace our living room wall.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616724[/ATTACH]
very pretty. I'm wanting to make a pumpkin quilt myself. You are inspiring me to start another UFO. LOL.