View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 04:34 AM
NZquilter

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I will take a pic as soon as I finish it. I'm doing it QAYG. (Thank you for perfect instructions!) One row is already joined and all the blocks have been quilted. I'm using my green and black blocks from the last Boom. This is the fifth quilt I've started for him. The first one was a finished top when they saw it. They wanted something different to match his newly painted room, dragons. After finding patterns and making ten blocks, they redid his room- wanted cars this time. I gathered car patterns and started appliquing them. They moved him into the smaller bedroom because he's got a new baby sister and they moved the girls into his room. Change of decor again. Now they're selling the house and moving into a bigger house.
I'm making him a big boy quilt and calling it quits. Poor guy is the only great-grand without his quilt yet. When it's finished, I'm mailing it to him and breathing a huge sigh of relief! After this I will never ask again what someone would like. I'll make them what I want to make for them.
And this is why I don't bother myself with the headache of decor! My girls bedroom is simple but not all matchy-matchy. They have pretty butterfly curtains and all the quilts they want, but no matching decor nonsense.