Old 08-30-2019, 06:24 AM
Dina

Default What is the best way to get fold lines out of quilts?

I am getting ready to enter a few quilts in a quilt show, quilts that I have stored simply folded. What is the best way to get those fold lines out?

I keep reading about putting them in the dryer with a wet wash cloth. Really? How wet a wet wash cloth? What about ironing? My batting is Warm and Natural.

The quilt show isn't for a month. Could I just leave them lying flat on a bed and hope they don't get too many cat hairs that needed to be removed by then? Would they flatten out naturally?

Could I fold them differently and hang them on a hangar for a month?

Anyone have any experience with this problem. In the last quit show, I felt slightly embarrassed that some of my quilts looked more winkled than other quilts in the show....though I still got a few ribbons, so I guess mine were not as wrinkled as I think they may have been. (I had ironed the fold marks, but some "came back.")

I know I should have folded the quilts differently, diagonally, but I honestly didn't plan to enter any quilts any more. Then our guild advertised that our show would have over 200 quilts, and we were each encouraged to enter several quilts...

Thanks for any suggestions that might work.

Dina