View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 09:26 AM
zozee

For the first time all year I bought fabric yesterday. Not sure how I feel about that/-kind of like I let myself down,, but rationally there’s no reason to feel guilty. It was the farthest thing from impulse, which is good. I was at the LQS where I learned to quilt in 2011 or 12. The shop is now closing Sept 28. Everything I bought was at least 30% off.

I needed solid black to finish a playmat for my grandlambs, and because I had no quality black in my stash. Bought 2yds. Bought solid white because I had almost none. Picked up 1yd salmony pink (reads solid) because I loved it and it will be used in girl donation quilts. Bought grey solid more for teen guy donation quilts as yet unplanned. Then a cute mint floral end if bolt because it made me happy, not that I had a plan for it, and two neutral FQ for guy quilts because I hate to buy “boring” (ie neutrals) at full price., i bought a Kaleido-something ruler at 35% off for my future OBW.

Plus, the shop is nowhere close to me but it was near my dad’s dr office , and since we were “in the neighborhood” and he was so grateful that I had gone to his appointment, he wanted me to go in and enjoy myself. He also insisted on giving me birthday money on the spot. He also said, “and take an hour, hour and a half, don’t feel rushed at all.” My daddy is just so generous. My mom had a gem of a husband!

So I spent $74 total, which I guess when divided by the 8 months of the year to date, is only $9.25 a month. LOL. Not too shabby.