View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 03:21 AM
illinois

Are you getting the idea that there is no perfect batt? It's all up to you! I've been hand quilting for long enough to know that not all quilts come together the same. I do use poly though and like it in every way, including price. I like a puffy quilt/vs the flat appearance of cotton and it seems to hold up well with use. I like the way it needles. I found a high loft among my stash and am getting ready to use it in the next project so am anxious to see how I like it compared to the usual low loft that I use. I've quilted in a frame and in a hoop. I like the adjustablility of the frame but now prefer the hoop as I can turn it to best advantage for my hands and wrists. Also this makes the project portable or can be easily put away if having guests and need the space. I was recently in a discussion on what thread to use for quilting--some use only quilting thread but I use whatever is available according to color possibilities. I do like quilting thread as first choice but I've never had problem with using regular sewing thread if the color is what I want. To each his own!! Unless your quilt is to be judged by someone else, you are the one to be pleased with your work.