View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 06:10 PM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by ladyinpurple135 View Post
The gluten-free labels have gotten quite amusing indeed. I just read that people who are going gluten-free just as a choice and nit because of a medical reason aren’t doing their bodies any good at all as they are missing certain ingredients that are needed. I understand about the medical reasons, but it seems to me that the gluten-free idea is just another bandwagon people are jumping on without investigating the products. And the GF products costs more. I’m also very Leary if the term “organic” because any company can slap that name and raise the price. True organic products have very stringent rules that must be followed when growing the products - even a farm right next to an organic farm can spread the pesticides, etc. that delete the true organic product.
I'm not sure how being gluten free could mean you didn't get some nutrients. Gluten is an additive to processed foods. If you go gluten free by buying whole foods and cooking them yourself, you're probably eating healthier than if you eat gluten. Now if you go gluten free by eating the same processed foods you ate before, you won't be eating healthy. But then you weren't eating healthy before so you're not going to miss anything you weren't missing before.