Thread: To EQ8 or not?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 09:58 AM
Iceblossom

I am looking at upgrading my EQ6. I really enjoy playing with EQ and draft out most of my own patterns. For one thing it helps me understand them and where potential problems or improvement areas are.

If you are not comfortable on a computer to the level of upgrading programs, downloading images, printing options, etc. EQ may not be for you. But I can resolve a lot of design desires by playing with the program sometimes instead of doing it live with fabric. I do a lot of messing around with colors and things like that. I understand the ability to scan in your own fabric is greatly improved with EQ8. I have a friend who does a lot with photo quilts and she says there are new options that are great for her. But I also hear from a lot of people that the changes in the program design can be hard for people to adapt to.

It's amazing the things it can do and the way you can use it. It's sort of like the word and number processing programs, you can use it from a basic to an advanced skill level. And every now and then, just when you think you've got it down they change it all around.

I know I'm going to upgrade. The only real decision is when.