Old 09-02-2019, 11:06 AM
Schill93

Rob,
Thank you for your input. Yes, I have watched that fella. Are you referring to the video where he got a zipper foot to use? He was making a coller I think. He is quite an inquisitve and imaginitive guy.

Yes, I considered that I could sew the proper 1/4" seam by turning it around. I might try that if I didn't have the Juki like you said. I just like the "feel" and the quietness of how this machine sews. Like Bkay said, I can use it if I want on simple square design blocks, and will reserve it for home decor sewing projects. I can also quilt with it to a limited extent. I don't regret buying it, and I also like the idea of restoring older machines, which has me kinda worried when I look around at my fabric stach all over this house.

I understand what you were saying Farmhousesewer, but understand too that new sewers like myself don't know about all the differences in the machines out there (especially the old ones) Watching all the videos online demonstrating their Kenmores, don't mention this in their video (as far as I remember) Besides, it wasn't a big expense, and I like having her. The problem to me is space, and my desire to try all these older machines I see
(or read) people talking about. My house already looks like a fabric store, and I don't want it to start looking like a sewing machine shop.