View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 06:20 AM
mjpEncinitas

Lstew and Terriamn thank you for the wonderful blocks. They are just what I hoped for. Terriamn is that paper piecing or special rulers? Lsetw beautiful triangle block. It's the type I don't do well so perfect for this quilt.

I feel very lucky, I had a wonderful labor day weekend. My husband and I went to the San Diego quilt show at the convention center. It was a fun time. I stopped at the SewingMachinesPlus booth to get advice on my sitdown sweet16. After I try Jaba's suggestions I will take it in to them. They believe a regular maintenance will fix the problem if vacuuming and thoroughly out the bobbin area doesn't. My husband and I talked to their repair guy for 30 minutes. He was very knowledgeable.

He convinced my husband that I need their KIng 2 longarm machine with robotics. It is the same as the 18" HQ Avante longarm. It is $17000 I had to reign my husband in. I told him lets hold off on that. SewingMachinesPlus are very good about supporting their machines and they would come to the house to set up the machine and service the machine.

I finished the very important lap quilt on my home machine and sent it off last week. The recipient should get it today. That frees me up to do the blocks. So it will be full steam ahead.

I also had more excitement. My tennis partner and I won a 3.5 doubles tennis tournament. We played Sunday and Monday. On Monday we played 4 hours in hot weather for the finals against women 20 years younger than us. We won large engraved beer mugs. I don't drink much anymore but we celebrated with a 1/2 mug of beer and pizza after the match. Then I went home and went to bed. We had fun watching the open tournament (much better than us) women play their match. We don't look anything like them; which is probably why they won money and we won beer mugs. A good weekend.

Then I started my FallProof program. 10 students and 4 assistants. It was the best first day ever. Two people had to drop out at the last minute due to heart problems. I still have my feisty 92 year old in the class. I was able to gently steer the one cantankerous person to dropping the class so all I have left are the sparkling personalities. It is my passion, keeping my seniors living independently.

Take care of yourselves my boom sisters. My heart hearts when I hear about the health problems!