Old 09-04-2019, 10:35 PM
dublb

This day was going purdy good. The DGK's were over here for a bit as DSonIL had the sonic kidney stone surgery today. I started working on DFGD's quilt after we all had lunch. I think it made her happy to know that I was working on it. I got the last border on & the 2 corner's mitered. (I only put 3 borders on this one as it is gonna be for a day bed & is wide enough as it is. That other border would have been tucked in & bunched up.) Anyway I kept working on it after they went home. I was then pressing all the seams open. It is a Jelly Roll Race style quilt but I made it w/60 strips instead of 40. The edges had been pressed open but not the whole quilt. Not in a while anyway. All those seams were taking me forever to get pressed as I kept taking those breaks that my back demands.
Then at about 8:30 DD called & needed me to take her to the ER. Her lip was swelling from a hive. Sigh this is the third time she has had hives in the last month. They got her right in, gave her 2 injections & got the swelling to go down. I was teasing her that some people get injections of Botox to get their lips to puff up that way. Anyway once the swelling went down they sent us home around 11:00.