Old 09-05-2019, 05:41 PM
carriem

QNS--you always put up so much yummy stuff!! One year we got a big box of peaches from someone and they were so good my kids just ate and ate until the were gone...none for baking or canning or freezing. I personally have never been a gardener...didn't have one growing up and other than a small one at our first house, we haven't had a good place to have one. My husband tried a container on our raised deck that year and we got a few small cucumbers and tomatoes.

I went to the quilt shop yesterday and got sashing fabric for the UFO I am working on. Today I got the middle of the blocks together. Each of those will get a 1" border/sashing...this is my goal for tomorrow, then I'll do a sashing between the blocks and one border. I can't wait to see it all together...maybe by the end of next week as I don't have too many appts/mtgs to go to!! Yay for some quality sewing time coming.

I currently have no voice and a little sore throat...mostly from trying to talk when I should just be resting it I am thinking. Any good tricks?? Tried hot tea and tea w/honey. Going to gargle w/warm salt water now... Otherwise feeling fine. Heading to SD this weekend for archery, just my DS and I will go to this one. DD has school and DH will be around home. We leave early early (by 4am Saturday) and will return by 10pm Sunday so it is just a quick trip this time. One of the closest all year...just 5 1/2hrs away. Nothing like the drive to AZ we did in April (23hrs)!!