Thread: ERGGGHH!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Cresha

By 4 a.m. this morning, I had a quilt in the frame ready to quilt. Stopped and done my daily house work, got hubby off to work, showered, ran to Wal-mart, came home, fixed a big pot of sweet potato chowder for supper. Then I called my sister and my son and my daughter so they wouldn't call and interrupt me while I was quilting. Started snowing, which I can see from my window while I am quilting. Perfect. Everything was ready for me to quilt away the afternoon. I came downstairs, cranked up the oldies on my computer. Stitched about 2 inches and the freaking needle broke. No problem, changed the needle, ready to go. For the last hour, I have been trying to figure out why my thread keeps breaking. I rethreaded (about a dozen times), I changed the bobbin, checked all my settings, even changed the needle again. Oh and I even changed the spool of thread, even though i had used part of this spool on the last quilt I did. I finally gave up and went back upstairs. But I was restless, I WANT TO QUILT!!! So I am back downstairs ready to try again. If we get all of the snow and the high winds they are predicting I know my husband will be home tomorrow and I will only have a few hours the whole day to quilt. If I could only get the maching to cooperate, I could be finished before he gets home and put the binding on tomorrow. I will quit whining now, I just needed to vent. I guess if I keep having troubles, I will just have to cut out a new quilt while the machine "rests" until tomorrow.