View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 06:32 PM
barbarakibler23

Hello Ladies...Two things

1) DJmat....a swapper from a few years ago contacted me to see if it is okay if she gives a prize out in December. Sounds good to me. So keep your eyes open for details to come.....

2) My mom passed out on Wednesday while she was standing which made her fall straight down on her back. She has 3 cracked vertebra a cracked pelvis and tailbone. She is in tremendous pain. They have not found a good cocktail of drugs to ease her pain. She cannot get out of bed (or back in) without crying in pain.

The reason for passing out they found was that her heart is only working at 25%. Her heart stopped making her fall and then started back up again by itself. They wanted to put in a pacemaker but she declined.

I have been at the hospital a lot, mostly just sitting with her since they have her knocked out. Also to learn how to care for her when she comes home. They say that she will be sent home on Monday. We have some visiting nurses that will come to the house daily for about 40 minutes. Also PT and OT.

I will be on the thread.....check back here soon.
Barb