Old 09-07-2019, 08:24 AM
Iceblossom

When I was younger I didn't notice it so much but lately I can really tell why sewing machine table height is where it is. I'm fine with my piecing, but my ergonomics would be much better if my machine was dropped down about 4 inches while I'm quilting.

I was a word processor earlier in life and have some carpal tunnel problems, and I'm a big believer in proper ergonomics. I know they work for me. I also believe in getting up and moving about every 15 minutes -- that's a big change for me. I used to have my sewing set up so I could sit in my chair and rotate and would sit for hours. Now my cutting board is on the dining room table, the ironing board is in the living room, I do my layout on my queen bed in the bedroom, and the sewing room is in the middle. My house is small and while I do regret a bit being more scattered, the cutting stuff and the ironing board can be folded up and moved out of the way quickly, and I am getting in a lot more steps during the day, and am a lot less "crunkled" in the evening.