View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 06:32 AM
Conchalea

I've been absent for a few weeks, visiting friends & working on the tee shirt quilt for the husband of my late riding friend. With the borders, the top is 72" X 90". I put a few smaller decals with the large ones & still had a small gap. I searched through my patches from a long-running ride to benefit breast cancer. I found the one from 2018, the last ride she was able to actually ride. She came to the 2019 ride but wasn't physically able to do the ride. I added the 2018 patch because she was one of the main organizers for that ride so it was appropriate. The process of putting the top together was sad but may help me cope better with her death. I have had to buy stabilizer & fabric for binding, borders, & the backing. But since most of it will be used, I won't count it as stash.
I did use stash to complete an art quilt for the friend I visited during August. My phone won't let me resize (or I can't figure out how to do it!) Its a wall hanging, about 55" square. I'll try to figure out how to post it.