View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 09:44 AM
sak658

I am making my second DWR and I press which ever it makes the arc lay better...I'm doing a king size and it needs what I call the Football..197 to make 9 X10 rows..I have 150 made so far.. and it's all different pieces...of the fabrics..very time consuming...I'm using hand dyed batiks 1895 Brown Sugar that has been discontinued..I try to make 10 footballs a day..after I finish the ten then I press with Best Press and they all lay really nice.. I ordered 3 jelly rolls, 1 layer cake and 1- 5" charm pack...I am almost done with the 2nd jelly roll..hoping it will be enough that I want have to cut into the 3rd one.. I should have plenty of fabric left for pillow shams...I will do the scalloped edge also..I don't think I will do another one anytime soon...the first one was for my oldest daughter, it was in purple and greens..don't remember it taking this long..she loved it..I use the Sharlene Jorgensen templates and book..looking forward to finishing this one..so I can move on to another quilt and easier pattern...ha ha