View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 01:36 PM
BonnieJP

The very first quilt I pieced was for my nephew's first baby. I took the quilt to a popular LQS in my area that several people in my guild used for LA work. The store owner does the quilting himself on two machines setup right in the store. I guess I should have suspected something when I went to pick the quilt up, because while the saleswomen checked me out, the guy who does the actual quilting kept looking over at us. The next day when I pulled the quilt out of the packaging to start on the binding, I was shocked to see the back had been sewn on lopsided (like at a 33-degree angle). One corner was slightly short of the top, while the other corner had inches of extra fabric. I drove back to the store (a 1 hour drive each way) to tell the LA guy how unhappy I was with his work. His response was that I didn't Tell him to sew the backing on straight. Wow - I didn't specify that the backing should be sewn with the fabric right side out either! Luckily, I've sewed for many years so I was able to salvage the quilt. Needless to say I haven't been back to that shop for fabric and I'm not shy about sharing my experience with that shop with other quilters. -Bonnie

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-08-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps