View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 04:55 AM
Railroadersbrat

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I use Shar Jorgensen's instruction and templates for the DWR and have made 5 out of 6 of them very successfully. Her instructions work when it comes right down to the sewing the arches together. They will lay flatter when you need them to lay flat as you get ready to sew things all together. All of mine have been scrappy and have been well received. The one I have for DH and myself is starting to wear thin after 20+ years of use on our bed. I am now doing my best to restore it. I think it is much easier to make it from scratch than to restore it. I hand quilted all of my DWR quilts.
I've actually considered doing this one by hand, but I have arthritis, carpal tunnel and I'm now experiencing tendon lock and I've put down a grandmother's flower garden for the time being because of the pain. I'm really hoping to get this quilt started no later than January so I can have it completed in September of next year, there's an area fall festival that has a yearly quilt show that I would love to enter this one into.