View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Libster

Terri, bummer,but at least y'all have planned ahead. I've always heard that when God closes one door, He opens a better one for you. I admire your DH for being concerned for his younger employees. He's got his heart in the right place. The younger ones will find it easier getting new jobs than the older ones. Not right, but that's just how it is. At least you know what and how to plan for things now.
I, too, have been "fortunate" enough to have a couple of places close on me where I was working without notice in my lifetime. Gotta' tell you this funny (now) - DH and I went to the bank with our paychecks. I worked in one department, he worked in another in a separate building. The teller shot my check back out and told me "no funds in this account". Buddy layed eggs! He thought that was totally hilarious! Two weeks later, the teller shot his check back out with the same reply. He saw no humor in it at all. Needless to say, it was my egg laying time! It took us over a year to finally get all the funds the company owed us and all the other employees. So, yep, I do understand the "need to know". It sure makes life easier that way. Hang in there, things will work out.