View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Janice McC

Terriamn, I'm sorry to hear this news but it's serendipity that DH will be very close to his anticipated retirement date. He's good-hearted to be concerned about his younger co-workers.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
For those of you fellow long time boomers who know the saga and non stop worry about the company closing down where I worked and hubby still does. It is finally coming to an end. Today their was a company meeting and they will officially be shutting down next June. We have planned for hubby to retire at 62, he will only be 6 months short of that goal. We had a meeting with our financial planner a few months ago and she assured us financially we will be ok. Unfortunately he will not get the good buy out package I received but he is relieved to have a date and to know what is going on. He is more worried about the people who work for him that are all much younger.
IrishMom, I'm never fond of dental visits but I do have a very good dentist and the hygienist is kind and a real peach and makes me laugh. I'm almost guaranteed to enjoy the visit. Few can say that.
Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post
And so nice to see my new block -- I just came back from the dentist for a filling. I am such a baby -- the hygienist said she thinks I am the most nervous patient she has seen. (and she was soooo nice to me, she didn't mean it meanly) I had the nitrous gas but was still reacting to them... and then it took a while for it to leave my system. I think they thought I would never leave their office. Uggh! I hate being a problem!