View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 02:57 AM
pahega

Originally Posted by LisaInOhio View Post
I really appreciate all the helpful comments and ideas! I am definitely using the ironing board fabric from JoAnns and cotton batting. Have to decide about the aluminum foil - is it still needed with that fabric? I would have to tape it to reach my width and would the tape create an issue with the heat or moisture? I will wait and see how I like the look of that fabric before deciding whether to add another layer over it . The fabric is called silver but looks dark gray online (I pick up tomorrow to see in person) so the colors might work as is. Zozee, I think my color palette will be very close to yours! I am sharing the space with my grandkids sleeping space (for visits only) and I made a crib quilt for my grandson in light aqua, yellows, grays and some black and white accents, lol. The walls are a light blue/aqua as well. I also love the idea of stripes for a straight ironing line but I'm afraid pulling it to staple would make the lines wavy and it would drive me nuts. I might do as I saw someone comment online and just draw a long straight line on whatever fabric I have, to use to true up my fabric and blocks. Oh, the possibilities! I just wish I didn't work full time so I could get this made ! :-)
I had to tape my aluminum foil to get the width of the ironing surface, too. I felt it was needed to block any moisture towards the wood. I haven't had any issues with the tape. It is between the aluminum foil and the batting.