View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 09:16 AM
zozee

Kathy, welcome to the closet club! LOL. I’m sorry you are having to do the dreaded paperwork purge because of your parents’ passing. Going through the process of sorting, reminiscing, deciding what to do with each thing that belonged to them, is a monumental task. I’m thankful to have three sisters —two who are a big help when they’re in town, and cheerleaders to me as One of the two local sisters.

The process of going through my mom’s things has only spurred me to let go now of everything that means nothing to me or isn’t practical or beautiful enough to take up space. My husband’s dad was a hoarder (hadn’t let any of the family in his house for years so we were clueless as to the waist high piles of newspapers) so he knows he doesn’t want to saddle our kids with the hardship of dealing with absolutely worthless stuff when we’re gone.

Doing two houses is not for the faint of heart, is it? I’m going to be right there with you in spirit as I manage the same chore! It’s a good thing I have my mom’s organizing genes!