View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 03:59 PM
NJ Quilter

I have been on a mission for the last several months to get my tops actually quilted. I am hand stitching the binding on the second to last to be done. Woohoo for me! One more top to quilt. Already have backing/binding so it's only the quilting process. Up until this year I have been exclusively a hand quilter. For several reasons I jumped into machine quilting simply to get these quilts done. They are early quilts of mine that I never particularly cared for. Straight line, walking foot machine quilting. They are done! After I get the last one quilted the machine is going in for service and I am going to ruthlessly clean my sewing room. It's been forever since it's been done. I have dust bunnies and thread nests galore everywhere in that room. Battery cover on the TV remote is somewhere under a piece of furniture so the remote does not work at the moment. Straight and safety pins everywhere! You can barely walk in the room. No more sewing projects until the room (and the rest of the upstairs) is completely and thoroughly cleaned! I suspect (hope?) there will be at least some purging in the process. I have also methodically over the last couple of years giving my 'scraps' to another quilting friend so that pile is quite reduced as well. It's no longer a happy place for me to be so this is a very necessary step. But I am looking forward to planning my next quilt after the above process is complete.