View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 04:22 PM
costumegirl

I was able to get another block done inbetween errands and taking our senior relatives to their medical appointments these past few days. Sometimes I'm amazed that if I get a chance to work at cutting out pieces or sew at the machine for even just 10 or 15 min bursts I can accomplish something! I am not a very fast sewer and find it takes me longer than some of my quick sewing friends and I was happy to get this block done!

Here is my second Block #4 Affie, Duke of Saxe-Coburg:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617322[/ATTACH]

I found that I was feeling tired about my fabrics for this project and wanted to add a little more greenish-blue highlights for the small arrows so I fussy cut pieces from a "stripey" fabric that had variations of the fabrics that I had used.
Here is the fabric:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617323[/ATTACH]

It was a bit of a challenge to get precisely the same look for all eight pieces from the stripes and I did waste a lot by doing this - the part where I cut from is full of snips and holes. When I was rushing during one of my 10 minute bursts I accidently cut one of the pieces in half afer I had sewn it and it was very frustrating! LOL - That saying about "Keep Calm, Get the Ripper & Try Again" kept going through my head and then I had to find a similar section in the fabric to cut another Oh well ......that's what I get for rushing in a 10 minute burst!
Attached Thumbnails set2block4resized-cropped.jpg   set2block4fabricforarrows.jpg  

Last edited by costumegirl; 09-12-2019 at 04:24 PM.