View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 07:38 AM
Iceblossom

Mom and baby and daddy went home last night. We had another great loud thunder and lightening storm, not as big as the one on Saturday.

Time to select a new project and time to put off those paper pieced blocks again!

I recently accepted a box of precut squares and have been thinking of ideas to use them with. I also have quite a collection of metallic fabrics. I'm going to go through the box of squares and pull out the metallic ones, slice them in half and make them into kites/squares (the diagonal cuts would be the outside edges).

There was a picture here somewhere posted recently of a quilt done like that with consistent sashing between the scrappy squares. I'm thinking all metallic fabrics with some basic black would work even though I had a hard time working with the black with the postcard quilt.

The quilting shows on PBS will be starting soon, will be a good sorting project to do while I watch them

Edit: Here's my inspiration -- Thanks Mim!
my quilting this summer

Edit 2: Darn it! I'm a day off... I guess that's what Friday the 13th does when you think it is Saturday. But in good news there is a quilt show starting at 9:00 so off to sort fabric I go.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 09-13-2019 at 07:49 AM.