View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 04:53 AM
Snooze2978

I normally don't freeze them but cook them into spaghetti sauce, salsa and this year trying out a veggie tomato soup. As I have a very large stock pot I'd blanch enough tomatoes to fill a gallon ice cream bucket and throw them into the freezer until I had enough to fill another one plus some. Have made enough soup to last me a couple years so on to adding to my spaghetti sauce group.

But I also what I call fast freeze my peppers, carrots, celery,green beans, onions, strawberries and raspberries on a cookie sheet until frozen, then move them to a freezer bag, suck out the air using a plastic straw as I don't have one of those fancy machines that do it for you. When I go to make up a batch of soup for winter, I just have to pull out whatever veggie I want and its already chopped up so half the work is done for me. I also make enough soup to fill 2 half gallon freezer containers so I have one for that week and put the other one in the freezer for later. I'm up to 5 soups I make up for winter time.