View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 09:41 AM
dorismae904

I make charity quilts for the Head Start Program at my church. I have the 20 done that I need for this year and 15 or so tops which need to be sandwiched . The sizes are all approximately 40 x 50
which seems to work well with 4 year olds. I mostly use old sheets for the backing but I wonder if I'll get next year's batch done since I'm going in for major surgery soon. I can't work on any of them because I am making a Cowboys quilt for my dd and have vowed not to start anything else until it's done. I hate the way it's coming out. Bad choice or maybe too many cowboys fabric but she loves it so far. I'm cutting 3 inch borders out of the darkest fabric and that's it. Oh yeah, dd bought some other Cowboy fabric online for the backing and I think I'll have to piece that with other fabric. Hopefully when older dd comes in to help me after surgery, she has plans to sandwich some of my tops. Did I mention I Hate sandwiching. Don't know why there isn't a sandwiching machine. Well, that's enough venting. I usually finish one top before starting another.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-14-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps