Old 09-15-2019, 07:11 AM
juliasb

I have two like that aright now. One had a huge hole in the middle and the bat is hopeless. I keep thinking on this one I should be able to salvage this full size quilt and make it into a lap quilt. Every time I look at it all I can do is shake my head and thinks some more. The second one, for a long time I though I could salvage it too but the more I look just about 70% of the seams have been compromised and the fabrics are so tattered that I think it is ready for a happy burial. I have a 3rd one that I believe can be reworked. The bat is all at one end, I have no idea how that happened, but I know by taking it apart the top can be salvaged and is in pretty good shape so it is on the list, a 4th one I am working one by hand. I have no clue how this one was destroyed the way it was, it is a cathedral windows, it is reworkable. Last but not least is one of the DWR quilts I made. part of me wants to repair it by machine and the other part of me wants to do this on by hand. The jury is out on this one. It is easier to make a new one that repair the old one.
So 2 are deceased without hope. the others require some serious surgery. I suppose the big holes determine when they are ready for burial.