Old 09-15-2019, 05:06 PM
stookey4

Default Labrinth Walk quilting suggestions for an "Old/New" Quilter

First time posting, please be gentle. I need help. I'm an "Old/New" quilter. I took a quilting class in 1988. I made a basic queen size sampler quilt. I ended up tieing it as I didn't have time to hand quilt it. I made another sampler in the early 1990's, queen sized, pieced in 3 months while sitting at traffic lights on the way to and from work. Again, I chose to tie it.

I made a baby quilts in 1997 and 2000 for each of my daughters. These, I hand quilted.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617421[/ATTACH]

Then life happened, full time work, home school, raising 2 children with hubby. About a 1 1/2 yrs ago I finally made a bear paw quilt top for oldest daughter. She saw it and remarked she loved the colors but didn't like the pattern. Fine, I would give it to the youngest- she loved the pattern but didn't like the color. OK, hubby was next- "It doesn't do anything for me." So... I have a quilt named "The Quilt No One Wanted" that I just love. I will be honest, I got discouraged, packed the top away and it never got quilted.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617422[/ATTACH]

Last month I decided I wanted to finally make the Labyrinth Walk quilt pattern I had purchased. I sat down and made it. It is SO far from perfect but it brought me such joy to make it. THIS one everybody loves and wants but it's for Christmas (imperfections and all) for my youngest daughter. I need advice on quilting it. I'm considering having someone machine quilt it since I don't have time to hand quilt it as I already have 2 other quilts in the tubes for Christmas.

My questions are, what patterns would you use to quilt it? An all over pattern? Stitch in the ditch? Also, can you give me a very rough ballpark idea of how much it should cost to have a queen size quilt quilted? I'm almost ashamed to have someone see it on one hand but honestly, I just love this one and want it to be completely finished unlike the other top.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617420[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance for your help and insight.
Liz
Attached Thumbnails labrynth-walk-2019.jpg   corrin-2000-tori-1997-kenya-2019.jpg   bear-paw-2017.jpg